Position Available: Energy Project Analyst
Energy Investment Systems (EIS) is an award-winning NYC-based consulting firm that provides energy services to area apartment buildings, with an emphasis on advanced technologies and financial benefits for its clients.
EIS has provided multifamily buildings with energy audits, construction management, financing, and assistance with public incentives and subsidies since 1984. The firm has conducted groundbreaking research and demonstrations on electricity demand response for the US Department of Energy and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). The company is an NYISO curtailment services provider for client cooperatives and condominiums and, as a partner in the NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program, provides complete energy efficiency improvement planning and implementation services to cooperative and rental apartment buildings.
EIS seeks an analyst to perform energy audits and develop energy improvement projects for multifamily buildings. Comprehensive responsibilities:
· Evaluate building mechanical systems and structure for energy waste and efficiency improvement opportunities.
· Recommend appropriate high efficiency technologies and solutions.
· Collect and analyze fuel consumption and physical data.
· Estimate improvement costs and NYSERDA and utility incentives.
· Perform energy audits and develop energy reduction plans in accordance with NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program guidelines.
· Coordinate with project engineers, key contractors and manufacturers on the development of work scopes and plans.
· Expedite schedules, contracts, work progress and compliance.
· Maintain and supervise building project data, records and documents.
· Communicate with customers and program representatives on project activities.
EIS seeks an individual with aptitudes, experience and skills, including:
· Working knowledge of large residential-grade HVAC and electrical energy efficiency technologies.
· Experience with high efficiency chillers, condensing boilers, heating system controls, heat exchangers, heat pumps and PTAC units, and metering and monitoring systems preferred.
· Ability to generate and customize computerized energy audits.
· Field experience with construction planning, supervision and coordination.
· Communications skills, a working knowledge of mathematics and physics, and proficiency with Excel, Word and the internet.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. and 1-3 years experience in a related field. He or she will be an enthusiastic team player, an organized, efficient and independent worker, and willing to think “out of the box.” EIS offers a competitive salary and benefits.
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org